Thursday, June 01, 2006

to be lonely amidst company


The past few days my mood had been heading downwards, like a raindrop falling from the sky to its inevitable crash-landing, its inevitable disintegration at the end of its fall. I don't know, i'd never experienced this in the past. I always thought i was a carefree person, never letting anything bring me down.


Might it be the cold atmosphere everytime an exams come around the corner, when everyone seems to be keeping to themselves more and more, studying and studying?


Or might it be i'm beginning to isolate myself.. my comfort zone slowly shrinking, away from the people i know, away from friends?


Maybe i've reached that time of my life. The time when i really need someone else in my life.


Love.


So essential. So elusive.


I've never really gave it much thought before. Heck, i've never even cared before. To me, i'd always thought it'll come when it comes. Didn't they say love is like a butterfly, the more you try to catch it, the more it escapes you? Didn't they say if we sit still, it'll come fluttering into our hands?


And so i sit still, never even gave it a look, thinking if it was meant to come, it will.


And till now, i've yet to even catch a glimpse of it. Or by looking the other way all the time, i had totally missed it?


I see my friends everyday. Friends i crap with everyday. Friends i laugh with everyday. Yet i still get this feeling tugging at my heart. Loneliness.


The more i hang out with my friends, the more lonely i get. The gap in my heart is growing, threatening to take just about anyone to fill it.


I'm getting desperate. I'm gonna crash-land.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

People do face depression. I guess you may be now in depression state. Depression may caused by relationship, failures, expectation etc.

I used to be in depression too. Don't worry too much. Calm down! Close your eyes and take few deep breathe. Feel the better side of life.

There's a lot of things that we can do in life, besides relationship. Go to some places you dream to go. Do some charity work. Talk more to your family members. It helps!

Love is universal and not meant to be selfish. Love is presence in all aspects in our life, eg love for your family, love for your pets, love for friends, etc (not just for your partner).

Good luck!

Shake Trees said...

dun woli dude. we all had it. *hugs* look ard n ud see more ppl r worst than us. we shud b grateful. ;)

executorlouis said...

I have had that feeling before too. It sucks, but you have your whole life ahead of you. Though it seems like the misery will never end, there will be better times, trust me. :)