Straight relationships, gay relationships. Both have their own share of problems, and straight couples don't have it any easier than gays, i realise.
Went on a holiday with my friends few weeks ago. 2 straight couples among us. Maybe i was being a little too ignorant, but it was only then that i realised they weren't living as 'happily ever after' as i thought.
I used to think it's very hard for gay relationships to work out because, well, seriously i don't know. Promiscousity perhaps? Gays do have higher sex drive i guess hehe.. makes it harder to find someone who's loyal. It doesn't help that almost every gay i got to know never had a relationship which lasted more than, say, a year? Funny i'm biased to people like me.
Just yesterday a friend of mine asked me for my thoughts on his relationship. Straight relationship, of course. Haha. Nobody has ever asked me for advice on relationships before. Maybe coz i was never in a relationship, what would i know, right? I've never been the one people find to listen to their love woes.. i never knew what to say in these situations, being a 'relationship virgin'. Used to anyway =P. Being a 'virgin' i mean. I still dunno what to say.
Anyway, he was telling me bout how his girlfriend-to-be wasn't sure she wants to be in a relationship, because he is younger than her. Something bout being awkward introducing her boyfriend to her friends, afraid what they might think of them.
Haha.. doesn't sound much different from gays actually. Though i still can't get it out of my mouth to introduce my boyfriend to the others. Need some getting used to perhaps. But i digress.
I told him that a relationship is just between two persons, and it doesn't matter what the others think or say. As long as they really love each other, that will overcome anything, no? I made it sound so simple hehe. But then i've always been someone who don't really care what others think of me. I just wanna be myself, do what i want, live the way i will.
Maybe some people, like her, do care what others think or say. I just let him know the problem isn't with him, so the only thing he can do is to show her all he can be. Hopefully she'll realise what she wants in the end.
Wish him luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment