Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The S word


I went for a 'suicide awareness' talk today.

Criteria of a possibly suicidal person:
Moody
Withdrawal from friends and family
Missing school or work
Having risky behaviour
Alcohol/Drug misuse
Feeling hopeless
Feeling alone
Desperation
Numb

You know what?

I fulfilled most of them.

I thought I'm supposed to learn to be aware of others' being suicidal, not finding out that I am one of them.

Am I really?

I'm not depressed, though I'm not happy either. In fact I realised I've been feeling numb for a while now, like nothing affects me anymore. I might have occassional morbid thoughts, but I have that all the time anyway. I don't feel like I'm going to kill myself. Maybe I did felt like I'm not coping and wanted an end to this lately, but I'm definitely NOT suicidal.

Am I scaring myself? Or am i deluding myself?

--

PS - I'm fine, no worries. Just being amused :P

1 comment:

dheep said...

if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me. cheers.