More and more homosexual people are coming out these days.
Now, Ricky Martin has joined the ranks of gay celebrities. Who'd have thought? Haha okay we should not poke fun at him, he's a very successful latino singer and I had to agree coming out of the closet earlier would've been detrimental to his career.
Another public figure to come out recently that took my attention was Gareth Thomas, Wales' current rugby captain. He had definitely broke the stereotype of gays being 'soft' and feminine, because hey he plays rugby! :P
It seems that slowly, people are more accepting of gays these days. Bar the religious lot who think gays are going to burn in hell, the majority of others more or less accept gays as 'normal' now. And to think being gay used to be thought as a psychiatric illness.
I'm still hoping some day, I can just say I'm gay without having to worry what others might think. I think that day is drawing close (:

1 comment:
you should never worry bout what other people think...and thats a vast stereotype bout the religious lot there...hateful people come in all varieties..just be u..as Dr. Seuss would said "be who r u and say what u feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
Post a Comment