Saw the new dad again along the corridor of the maternity block, he was on the phone. I was too tired to talk or even say hi (just finished a tutorial where i barely stayed awake) so i just turned and walked down the stairs to the labour suite.
And then i heard a "hey".
"Thanks."
I looked back up to see the new dad, looking down at me with the same happy face i've seen yesterday. I could only managed a smile. I wanted to ask how was the mother, how was the boy? Did he get any sleep after all night being beside his wife in labour?
But instead, i realised the smile i managed was one of an exhausted student, so i looked away and continued descending the stairs, as he went back into the ward.
A big day for him yesterday, it was.
Just another day in the hospital for me, it is.
Reaching the labour suite, i stepped into another room.
Another big day for another couple, it will be.
A baby girl was just born.
And it's all i can do but smile at the dad capturing stills of his new girl wrapped up in the cot, using a digital camera.
Just another day in the hospital.
Probably a case of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)?

1 comment:
be proud and happy for yourself as you bring new lives to the world.. :p
Post a Comment