Wednesday, November 05, 2008

wind me up


I've been getting 9 hours sleep every single day. Yet I feel more sleepy than ever.


This isn't good. I'm not even in the mood to talk to the patients these days, feel just like crawling into their beds and have a nap. More often than not my brain shut down halfway thru talking with them and i'll quickly find an excuse to run away to a corner and hide from them. I just can't be bothered to try to make conversations when the only conversation i really need now is with the sandman. Sheesh.


--


On another note, there are things in life that one just can't describe.


The face of a new dad, tears rolling down over the corners of his big, big smile as he held in his hands his wee boy crying out with all his might.


It made me cry.

3 comments:

savante said...

The quality of your sleep must not be good since 9 hours a day is more than enough. Gotta have that looked at.

Ah the look on a new parent's face. One of the best things about OBGYN.

[SK] said...

hmmm, it's not the amount of time you sleep, but instead the quality of sleep you had..

aconfusedboy said...

paul: yeh probably. i've fallen asleep studying too many times in the past week. and then i had to study more the next day. and fell asleep again. vicious cycle heh.

sk: yup yup