I'm not sure how it happened, i'm not even sure when it happened. I guess this is one of the things that comes along as one grows up. Still, it kind of threw me back in surprise when I first realised it.
Maybe because i was perplexed (new word i learned in Psychiatry haha) that I did not realise it up till now.
It was only when i came off the phone with my dad, that i felt something is different.
Somewhere along my life, my dad started talking to me as an adult.
Was it the tone he used over the phone? Was it that he leave all the 'adult' decisions to me now? Was it how he ended the phone call conversation with "Happy chinese new year, all the best in life"?
I stood there in the middle of the clothing store, phone burning hot in hand from the long call i just had, wondering if i have really spoken to my dad.
Has it really happen already?
It felt like my parents have finally let go completely of the metaphorical child leash on all three of us brothers. My younger brother got a temp job, my older brother started working and bought his first car. I was left entrusted with the whole sum of all my living expenses here in the uk for the near future (up till i graduate, at least). It's a lot of money to my family, and for dad to just give it all to me and asked me to handle it the best way i deem ..
.. i finally felt that i'm not seen, but heard now.

No comments:
Post a Comment