Thursday, February 12, 2009

the thin vague line between us


In a friendship, there is this line drawn between two persons. The line which separates our lives, which differentiates friends from lovers, which says 'Thou shalt not cross at the risk of unspeakable calamity.'


Most of the time the line each person draws coincide and we get a friend whose company we can enjoy without all the heebie jeebies of falling in and out of love. An absolutely platonic relationship. Other times someone draw the line too far into the other's space, and ended up getting his ass kicked back to where he should be.


Yet sometimes, some forgotten about the line, intentionally or unintentionally. The line became thinner and thinner to him, until the point he doesn't see it anymore. With the boundaries existing no more to him, thoughts that were once prohibited isn't now. He started wondering. He started dreaming. He started 'What if?'-ing. He forgot where to stop stepping foward. And once one of his foot went over the line, that's when disaster strikes and all hell breaks loose.


So how do you prevent such a disaster?


Stomp at his feet as soon as you think he's losing sight of the line. That'll wake him up, and make him stagger back a good distance from the line.


It hurts (maybe not for the stomper, and only the stompee felt it), but it's for the greater good.


*stomp stomp*


It's one of the first words we learn anyway. No.


--


This is a superficial, fake world we live in. Where hypocrites lie, and backstabbers trawl.


Well, but I refuse to believe I was ever part of this world anyway. I'll never want to be a part of this.


Yet I lie, and I trawl.

3 comments:

Kenji said...

Haha I like it when I can read someone's post and draw connection to myself! I share your sentiments and I agree wholeheartedly... except I would sock the fella in the face instead of a stomp! xD

William said...

The line is quite impossible to redraw...

Mr.D said...

Stomp stomp