And that statement, took me 25 years before I could say it to myself. That, from being a scrawny little boy who suffered from body image issue so badly, I stubbornly refused to join my brothers to play in a water park. Because it honestly made me feel sick at the thought I had to take my top off.
So am I a more confident person now? Probably, but it'd be unfair to say it's due to how I look. More likely that as I grew up, I realised it's not what others think about you, it's what you think about yourself that matters. Confidence comes from within, as they say.
I've yet to be one of those that have an air of authority around them, that can walk into a room and grab everyone's attention. Still, I think I've come a long way.
And the compliments don't hurt either :P

No comments:
Post a Comment