I look upon the child, barely over my knee's height. Such joy he derives from everything. His face just lights up at the smallest thing. And the wee boy that snatches at my stethoscope. That little girl that laughs at me when I smile at her.
You just don't know what you have till you missed it.
It just felt like I have wasted it, my whole childhood. Now that I'm an 'adult', things just seem different. In place of joy and curiosity, I have the burden of expectations as motivation in everything I do. Little things don't make me happy anymore. They became distractions in the bigger scheme of things in life.
I think I've forgotten what it's like to enjoy.
How good it will be if we could have the carefree minds of kids. At least they don't have to worry about workload piling up on their desk.
Or perhaps I just need to learn how to enjoy the little things in life again.
Sigh.
On another note, I just watched 'Shortbus'.
Not sure where I've heard about it, but it's a really .. weird movie to watch. The extent of 'weird' can be implied by the 'pornographic' label it's been given. Yes, the scenes are very very real. In fact, it's so real, it's real :P
Even though I've watched it to the end and still do not get what the movie is trying to say.. but I think these two actors are real cute as a couple (:

Paul Dawson and PJ DeBoy. Pic by David Shankbone.
Didn't know they're real couple in real life as well. Aww.
And I have this tune stuck in my head ever since I heard it in All-American Reject's cover of Britney Spears's 'Womanizer'.
Me and you, and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together ..
I'm never a good one with words, more so in real life. Romantic was never a word I comprehend in my vocabulary.
But I just want to let you know I smile each day, thinking of what we have. We've been living together for so long, our lives have practically been entwined. And I know how hard it is for you that all of a sudden, I have to leave and we have to be apart for so long. It was something we knew would eventually happen, but we never really talk about.
So I guess I should say it out for you and the whole world to know.
A love like this is not something one chance upon in life. We have our bad times, but you have always been the one giving in to me. It's amazing how you can stand me and my insecurities, so much so that I've grown up because of you. You are amazing.
I'm grateful I've met you in this life and that we embark on this journey together. It's a long journey and nobody said it's going to be easy, but I believe we'll make it through.
I know we will. For I have you by my side, and I promise I will always be by yours.
Love you, hubby (:

4 comments:
Sweet :) Glad you guys are happy together!
paul: O.o doc! are you ever working? hahaa :P
well... All i can say is, if you want to enjoy the days of old, you have to embrace your childishness again, i don't think an adult worries would fit into how we can enjoy the time we had when we were young.... just something I realise as I grew older haha!
Anyway, I have to express that your words for your hubby is so sweet! I am somewhat jealous for it! Hahaha! Don't mind me... anyway have a good time!
i don't miss my childhood but i do miss our secondary school time together~ :)
Post a Comment